RCCAOI 2021 National Round 2
Date: 24th & 25th July
All competitors for this event must be pre booked as there is no entry on the day. Closing date for entry is FRIDAY 2pm 23th July.
To Book in CLICK HERE
Saturday 24th July
- EBuggy and Truggy
- Gates open @7am, drivers briefing @7.45am
- The first heat will be off at 8 am and will start with 2 x 7 min controlled practice (this will be stand on your allocated car number). All drivers to bring their own Hi Viz vest for marshalling (or buy one trackside at a cost of €10).
- There will then be 3 round of qualifying with 2 to count , 7 mins heats . Points will be awarded for qualifying position . Lunch break will follow .
Ebuggy and Truggy will have 2 x. 10 min finals and points will be awarded for both. All finals will be a reverse grid final so if you pole you start at the back . Estimated finish time will be 5pm.
Sunday 25th July
- Nitro buggy will follow the same setup gates open 7 am drivers briefing 7.45 am with first heat of line at 8am . Again it will be stand on your allocated car number and the event is pre booked , no entry on the day .
- 2x7min practice and 3 x 7 min qualifying with 2 to count . Finals this time will be double sided Xmas tree with the top 20 drivers all having to run a semi finals to make the main event .
- All finals will be 20 mins with exception of the main final which will be 45mins. Those drivers that go directly to the semi congratulations you may have to marshal twice (all will be explained at drivers briefing ).Again there will be points from qualifying and points from final positions , this should help to eliminate any chance of a draw in the series .
- Don’t forget marshals your Hi Viz vest as above if you forget they will be available trackside €10.
Note for both days it is your responsibility to marshal, marshals will not be allowed to leave their posts until relieved by the next guy, failure to do so will result in your fastest time being removed.
Face mask to be worn at all times in the pits and on the Rostrum
Colin Whelan is an Offroad, Onroad, Electric and Nitro competitor with over 20 years experience, including a wealth of International racing experience. He is a long term key member of the RCCAOI committee and also is the Chairman and co-operator of the Navan Nitro Nuts Club.