1/8th Scale Off Road National Championships
Round 2, June 24th & 25th, Cork Radio Control Car Club
I just want to give drivers some information in advance of Round 2 of the 1/8th Scale Off Road National Championship at Cork Radio Control Car Club.
· Saturday, gates open at 10:30am, open practice from 12 noon to 5pm.
· Sunday, gates open at 7.00am, with open practice from 8.00am to 9.30am.
· Booking in closes 9.30am sharp, with the first race off the line at 10am.
· Race Fees, Saturday €8, Sunday €12. You must be booked in and paid before using the track.
· Rccaoi membership is mandatory.
Coming into Cork from the Dublin side, go through the Jack Lynch tunnel and continue on this dual carriageway. You will fly over the first roundabout heading for Kerry / West Cork. Go straight through the second roundabout also for Kerry / West Cork, before the third roundabout, keep left and take the off ramp for Bandon / West Cork, drive out the Bandon road until you get to a large roundabout where you go right (3rd exit) for the Half Way village. Immediately, you will be at a T junction, (pill box) turn left for Crossbarry / Killeady, keep going on this road, until you come to Barretts Pub on the right, just beyond Barretts, across the road is a child care center, down the right hand side of this centre, there is a farmers lane, the track is at the very end of this lane, through two gates.